Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jeans & Heels

Leave it to little Emma Jean to make me laugh on a stressful day.

Yesterday was her guitar lesson, so per usual after school I ran her guitar up to her classroom. I always just drop it off while Emma is outside with her teacher.

As I was walking away..I hear this little "click, click, click" and her "Mama!!" I turn to see Emma running down the hall and jump into my arms.

It takes a moment to register she is in different clothes and has on her dressup play plastic high heels.

So I ask her why she changed and she told me. So then I put her down and I am looking at this little beautiful girl before me in a tshirt, jeans with holes in both kneed and purple plastic high heels...

I am like Emma...you know those shoes are for playing at home only! Her reply??

She turns sideways, lifts the leg of her jeans a little, gives me that beautiful smile and says quite sweetly....

"But Mama...these shoes look sooo good with these jeans!"

I can see I am going to be spending alot of time in the future checking on what she has changed into after she leaves the house.

Priceless!!

1 comment: