Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This first blog will probably be short, as it is late.

Our life is always chaotic, but lately the chaos has been the unpleasant kind that leaves my heart and head hurting.

I love being a parent. But I am also learning it is the hardest most rewarding job in the world.

I always thought oh as they get older...life gets easier, I will worry less. Yea Right..I worry more.
Worse I worry more they listen less.

I have the habit of lecturing, advising, preaching, bossing, nagging whatever you want to call it.
I see the older ones struggling and making unwise choices and I am wanting to scream NO IT'S A MISTAKE.

My husband he can somehow keep it internalized and let them make the mistakes and pick up the pieces afterwards. He says we all had to learn on our own.

Ugh...I am so frustrated.

I am working on trying to put my troubles into God's hands. My Grandma reminds me when I am at my breaking point Give It Over To God...

But it is hard..

So I am trying to enjoy the time we have with the 2 younger ones...who have me worrying less.

I am enjoying watching them grow into their own people. Emma is exploring music through learning guitar and writing songs only a 6 year can. This weekend David Ashton starts soccer and I am so excited.

As for everything with the older ones..I am giving that over to God and praying soon it all calms down.


1 comment:

  1. Good choice...it's hard not to control things, isn't it? Life is NOT fun sometimes! As for that little blonde girl of yours that I happen to know quite well, she is SO going to be a rock star some day! She was singing to me on Tuesday "you're my favorite teacher, i want to play outside with you. You're my favortie teacher, were going to have a sub thursday and friday...." By the way, we'll have to reschedule for next week - i have a meeting after school on tuesday. and then parent conferences thur and fri and faculty meeting on wed...may have to skip a week! :)

    ReplyDelete